Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Just a Dog?

How?

How can it be that one could be faced with yet another tsunami and stay afloat.

Oof.

No, the wave is not as big as the one in June of this year, but it is devastating, nonetheless.

Times like this, being faced with yet another huge storm makes me feel absolutely desperate. Desperate to want to fight like hell, yet also desperate to just lie down and let the waves carry me away. Yes, that sounds utterly dramatic and it may be. But I’m also desperate enough to want to scream about how unfair it is, but also desperate to not look like a crazy person.

I had a rough afternoon yesterday after talking to my vet about her findings. But, let me say this...

One may say, but it’s just a dog.

Just a dog?

Yes, she is a dog, however, that dog is also a family member. She is a little creature that has feelings, thoughts, makes decisions (not always good ones, like hey, this waterer is almost empty, I want it full and proceeds to paw it enough to dump it and the remaining water over - every.single.time), she expresses happiness, she farts a lot, pees a lot, barks out-loud while she’s sleeping, exasperates the shit out of me sometimes, makes me laugh, makes me cry, is so forgiving...she was so scared when I drove to Memphis to adopt her at being taken from her familiar surroundings there at the shelter. At some point in our long drive, she absolutely melted into the bed I’d brought with me for her to ride in toward her new home with us. At that point, I knew she was ours and we were hers. Now, she’s mine but she’s still a pup that WE earlier in the year “shared” as one of our hairy kiddos. And, soon, she too will be "leaving". 

She’s my Poser Bear, Posey Adele, Po-Po, Poppers, Poe-pers or Pop-pulls (as phonetically "correct" as I can make it using this alphabet/letters available), Posers, and my little Poosha. My little senior lumpy Italian Greyhound.

The idea that she’s sick and has limited time left with me hurts so much that my mood and thoughts match the dreary day outside on this 15th of November.

Hug your hairy kiddos tonight for me, for Posey...for everyone and anyone who has lost or is losing one of their family. 

Dog formerly known as Cyclone, aka Veronica and at some point interestingly enough, had also been named Sophie. Now known as Posey




1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for ty this. It is like your child. I lost two fur babies my heart hurts for you. Love you

    ReplyDelete

The "After"

Weird Melissa'isms.  The other night while driving home from Daytona, I had a profound and odd thought that popped into my head about ...