Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Maps and continuing to move forward...

 

January 22

Just sitting down – got some stuff done this weekend. Nothing major; more or less aesthetics. Worked on the house and worked on me (that’s the aesthetic – hah!).

Seriously though – I did do some painting in one of the bathrooms, tidied up in areas needing tidying, I gathered some more things to donate, did laundry – one my least favorite things to do is putting away laundry, and got groceries. Then, forgot I needed a few things, so I ventured back out and had to get those forgotten things. I also worked out twice this weekend but, I took today “off” to just go have fun and do “nothing” stuff. Didn’t get all my steps in today much to my chagrin, but hey, tomorrow.

What am I trying to do? Honestly? I have no clue. I have absolutely no map to use as my guide right this very second. But do we ever? Do we ever have a laid-out plan in life and say – here’s my coordinates of where I am right now and over there <pointing somewhere on an imaginary map>? There is where I want to end up.

Probably…maybe we just think we do?

At one point, I feel I had that map.

Now though? What about now? My map burned up well over a year ago and I’m just now starting to stop from floundering around taking unmarked exits, from running out of gas and having to get out and find my way, to rediscovering the lines on the road.

I’m seeing that the lines never disappeared, but just faded into the fast ride I’d been on in this game of life. I’m starting to see ways around traffic jams even if means a detour. Detours may be the part of life we didn’t know that would help shape who we will become.

So, my detour while I re-find my map? Learning the way of this new land I am now inhabiting.

I do want to improve myself. Me – physically and Me – Mentally. So…I really should re-create a map for myself. Even if all it is imaginary. Goal setting. That is where my journey is right now.

My new map is looking ahead, continuing to put one foot in front of the other, finding joy in minute things that may have otherwise been overlooked. I’m not moving on, I’m moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The "After"

Weird Melissa'isms.  The other night while driving home from Daytona, I had a profound and odd thought that popped into my head about ...